|Courses Services Showcase Company Contact Site Map|
Each user gets their own private online Student Desk. It is password protected and nobody else in the world has access to it.
All functions of the Student Desk are used by clicking one mouse button!
Explore some of the key features that all students in your ASCENT Aviation E-training System will have at their fingertips….
1. Student Directory: Complete list of all Student users in your company's learning center. Users can set if they want their information not displayed to other Students, or you can turn off the directory entirely.
2. Staff Directory: A directory of all staff level users in your Learning Center. Searchable and sortable by role types (eg: Instructor, Registrar, Manager, etc.).
3. Profile: Each user has their own detailed profile they can edit (or can be edited by the Registrar). They can fill in complete address, contact info, title/position, department, etc. You can also add several custom fields, like Pilot Certificate Number. The Registrar can set it to force users to fill in profile on first login and to force them to set unique password on their first login.
4. Search Content: A simple but robust tool to search for specific things in courses. Search is limited to only the pages of courses that the Student has already completed, so they can’t use the search to cheat.
5. Track Certifications: Keep track of anything that expires or has a renew date, like Pilot Certificate, Medical, or even recurrent training courses. Just enter the date and then you have the option for the system to email you a reminder when you want, and keep repeating it every few days (you set the frequency). All done by point-and-click, of course. The Manager or Registrar can log in and generate reports, like a list of all people with First Aid and showing their expiry dates.
6. Coach Link: Each Student can be assigned a Coach. The Coach can see what courses the student is in and where they are. The Student can ask coach questions via this special e-mail link. All this communication is done via e-mail to eliminate scheduling problems and it gives you a documented record of this communication too.
7. Curriculums: If the student has been assigned a Curriculum, it shows here. When they click on it, it opens up to show the individual courses and their status. Courses in curriculums can be set to a forced order.
8. Courses: This shows only the courses assigned to a Student, with a graph showing their progress. You can click to open a course and get more details. Data can display as percentage complete (eg: 60% completed) or as a Course Mark (eg: 85%).
Opening a course takes you to the page you left off at, or if you completed the course already, it opens in Review Mode as a handy reference material complete with detailed table of contents.
9. Reference Library: The Training Developer can add any computer documents, sorted however they want. The Students then have access to these , securely from within the system. Great for charts, tables, regs, data sheets, etc. Some clients refer to this as their own Intranet.
10. Glossary: You can build your own glossary of terms (eg: the codes for the airports you operate at). Glossary is edited by the Training Developer. The definition uses our normal editor, so anything you can put on a web page can go in the Glossary terms definitions.
11. Rec Room: People like to take breaks when doing self-study. Here, the Training Developer can put any kind of file (eg: PowerPoints of funny incidents, photos) or links (eg: link to a pilot jokes website). When the Student is done having fun, they are back in their learning space. It is re-nameable, so you can call it whatever you like.
12. Tasks: Student can assign themself tasks / to-do's, set a due date, add a note, and have the system e-mail them a notification. The Manager and Registrar can also assign and track tasks of Students.
13. Links: The Training Developer can put in any web links they want, with brief descriptions. Great for links to regulations, emergency resources, information resources, and even for linking to your own company’s intranet/extranet or other learning resources you have online.
14. Content Licence: The Registrar can add Content License and force users to confirm they agree on their first log-in. Typically used for things like "All content in this system is property of Acme Flight Center and must not be duplicated..."
Want to try out your very own Student Desk? Check out our Try page.