AEROSTUDIES is a leader in B2B web-based training and safety management software for aviation. We are in an exciting period of growth as we pursue our worldwide market potential.
We’re seeking an experienced PHP Developer to create and manage back-end services, APIs, as well as documentation. Your primary focus will be developing server-side logic, server management, database maintenance, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will also integrate the front-end elements (we use Angular) built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Big focus on creating and maintaining documentation
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges (Dev ops)
- Integration of data storage solutions (mySql, Redis. Memcache, etc.)
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
Skills And Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (such as CakePHP and Laravel)
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Strong documentation skills and experience
- Expert Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
Compensation will be a strong salary plus performance bonuses. We have comprehensive health & dental coverage plus several other unique benefits. Our offices are located in South Edmonton in a very cool tech centre.
Remote, WFH or hybrid work model is an option after initial probation and onboarding. This position is offered only to persons currently permitted to work full time in Canada.