WELCOME TO TECHNICAL SUPPORT
IF YOU ARE A ‘STUDENT’ USER:
Please contact your employer or training provider for assistance. This support is only for the software system itself.
If you forgot your password or password is not working. When trying to sign in, use the ‘Forgot Password’ feature. READ the instructions. If you still have trouble, contact your employer or training provider. Passwords are encrypted and we can NOT recover or see them.
IF YOUR TRAINING IS FROM:
ADVANCED AIRCREW ACADEMY
FOR ALL OTHERS REQUESTING SUPPORT:
Please take a moment to look at the TROUBLESHOOTING section below BEFORE you contact us. Most issues are resolved via one of the items in Troubleshooting.
It is best to use the ‘Support Request’ button at top right when you are signed into the system (all roles except ‘Student’ users). Second best is to email us:
Phoning is the least effective as all emails go instantly into our support system, but phones are answered by Admin staff only during office hours. If you do want to talk to us on the phone, submit a support request either via the system or email describing the problem and leaving your name and phone number. We will phone ONLY if it is necessary to resolve the issue. Email preferred.
Tech support regular hours are Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 17:00 MST/MDT. Canada business holidays are observed. We monitor for system errors and urgent support matters outside of business hours.
PLEASE LOOK THROUGH THIS LIST BEFORE YOU CONTACT SUPPORT:
- You can see the password you are entering as you type by clicking on the eyeball in the password box.
- Passwords are CASE sensitive (capitals and smalls matter). “B” is different from “b”.
- Make sure you do NOT have CAPS LOCK turned on.
- Copying and pasting in a password can cause un-seen space characters which will cause password to not work.
- If you use the ‘Re-set Password’ feature, WAIT for the email to arrive (could take a few minutes). If you click to Re-set again, it invalidates the reset link from your last attempt.
- Password Re-set emails are sent to the email address entered in your profile in the system (typically your work email address).
- If you see an error message regarding token expiration while following the password reset link, it means that you need to generate a new reset password link by simply resetting your password again. Password reset links are only good for 1 hour so make sure to reset your password within that time frame.
SIGN-IN TROUBLE (other than password)
- The email address entered in your profile in the system is used for signing in. You may be able to use the optional ‘Username’ instead if it has been set in your profile.
- Make sure you are on the correct sign-in page. Its address should be something like ascent.aerostudies.com/your-company-name. Or you can try the generic sign-in page: https://ascent.aerostudies.com
- If you are on the sign-in page and you do not see the places to enter your email/username and password, you likely do not have a live internet connection or there is no connection to the system
If you see three dots “…” and/or the page looks like a bunch of jumbled text, your web browser most likely has an issue with ‘caching’. You should try:
- Refreshing your browser window using:
- Windows Computer: [Ctrl] + [F5]
- Mac Computer: [Command] + [Option] + [R]
- iPhone / iPad: In device Settings: Safari settings, click on “Clear History and Data”
- Clearing your history by at least 1 day
- Open an Incognito/Private window
- Chrome: [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [N]
- Edge, Firefox: [Ctrl] + ]Shift] + [P]
- Try using a different browser temporarily
If you are clicking on buttons or interacting with the system in some other way, and it appears as though it is doing nothing, it is very likely you were signed out of the system, or accidentally switched roles in another tab. In this case you should:
- Close all other tabs and ‘refresh’ (Windows: [F5]. Mac: [command]+[R]
- Navigate to https://ascent.aerostudies.com : If you land on the sign-in page, it means you were locked out.